A bit of pre- planning and organising can relieve the stress of moving. As our service requires that you package your Furniture yourself, these hints will help when ‘You Box It’.
Preparation For Your Move
- Boxing: Heavy Items use smaller sturdy boxes.
- Boxing: Lighter Items can be packed into bigger boxes to lessen the number of boxes to be loaded.
- Seal the boxes properly at both the top and bottom e.g. brown masking tape works well for this.
- Label the boxes according to where they were packed from e.g. bedroom, bathroom, etc.
- Fragile / Breakable Items, e.g. mirrors, glasses, ornaments, etc, need protective wrapping such as bubble wrap, newspaper wrappings and even towels work in the boxes.
- Water filled Items, e.g. flower pots, should be drained and wrapped in plastic to avoid leakages.
Have Extra Time To Organise?
- Clear all passages, entrances and exits to allow for big Items to be removed out first.
- Please dismantle headboards and side cupboards from the beds as this saves time.
- Please see that the driveway is clear for the truck to get as close as possible, especially for complexes, where it would be beneficial to reserve a parking space nearest to the entrance.
- Delicate / Breakable items are also better protected when, not only bubble wrapped / in newspaper, but also sealed in boxes.
- Stacking boxes and bags closer to the entrance is advised as long as they do not block the passages and entrances / exits to move the large objects.
- Note: Boxes containing delicate / breakable items should be placed to one side as we pack them in last to avoid other heavier boxes being placed on top of them.